Best Bollywood movies of all occasions!
In relation to one of the best Bollywood films, the tastes differ and the favorites differ.Some like a properly advised story, others want comedy and yet others take pleasure in motion packed flicks.
Please observe that this is not an inventory of prime grossing films or hottest action movies or movies with one of the best music…. A superb film may be many issues: a terrific work of art, an excellent piece of leisure, thought scary subject-matter, an amazing depiction of an era or a social facet…..One method to select ‘great’ films is to look again and think of the films which are unforgettable, the films that depart an enduring impression, the movies that you simply love without effort.
Now, right here is the record of those great films:
1. Mom India (1957): This movies is the last word trend-setter of Hindi cinema and a legend in its own proper. The first Indian movie to be nominated for Oscar, this is likely one of the highest ranked Hindi films within the international film festivals. The forged of Nargis, Sunil Dutt, Rajendra Kumar and Raj Kumar delivers an excellent appearing. Excellent music and an evolving storyline are the hallmarks of this basic gem.
2. Sholay (1975): This movie needs no introduction. The dialogues, the story, the forged, the appearing…every little thing is so refreshing. The story strikes at its own natural pace. The mega forged consists of Dharmendra, Sanjeev Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Jaya Bhaduri and Amjad Khan.
3. Pakeezah (1972): A legendary movie from the 70s; with a bigger than life attraction. Superbly directed by Kamal Amrohi, this movie is a mixture of excellent inventive tastes, pretty costumes, a fluid story line and melodious music. The movie is a narrative of a Lucknow tawaif (courtesan) played by actress Meena Kumari. Raaj Kumar and Ashok Kumar lead the forged.
4. Mughal-e-Azam :This is likely one of the costliest Hindi films ever product of its occasions. It took more than 9 years to finish this function. The star forged is ultimate; the dance sets are unparalleled for its time. A few of the famous dance sequences of Madhubala are filmed within the Shish Mahal -The Palace of Mirrors- in Lahore Shahi Qila.
5. Guide (1965): This is another masterpieces of the Indian film business. Based mostly on the critically acclaimed novel, ‘The Guide’ by R. Okay. Narayan, this can be a shifting and memorable story. The appearing from Dev Anand and Waheeda Rehman is top-notch, as all the time. The melodious soundtrack is memorable spotlight of this movie
6. Gadar: Ek Prem Katha: Gadar redefined Field-office success in hindi Cinema. An amazing script, sensible dialogues, exceptional appearing and really entertaining…. Set in 1947, in the course of the Partition of India, the movie tells the story of a truck driver, Tara Singh (Sunny Deol), a Jatt Sikh, who falls in love with a Muslim woman, Sakina (Amisha Patel).
7. Bobby (1973): The film is an excellent mixture of romance, music and social conflicts. This blockbuster is understood to be a trend-setter in its own rights. Raj Kapoor launched the genre of teenage romance with a rich-vs.-poor conflict as a backdrop. A few of the romance scenes have been simply too bold for its time. This in style flick was a debut movie for Dimple Kapadia and the primary main position for Rishi Kapoor.
eight. Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jayenge (1995): Winner of all types of major Filmfare Awards, this romantic flick is among the largest Bollywood hits of all time. Supported by the forged of Shahrukh Khan and Kajol, the movie is a pleasure to observe.
9. Lagaan (2001): Aamir Khan, the lead actor, produced this super-hit as a result of no-one else was prepared to put their money on the plot. Lagaan was nominated for the perfect overseas language movie for the 2002 Academy Award. A R Rahman´s background score, mixed with great appearing and sensible path, the film retains you entertained for four hours!
10. Hum Aapke Hai koun? (1994):This movie with 14 songs is a superb success story of recent days Bollywood. Starring Salman Khan and Madhuri Dixit, the film has an incredible combo of appearing, course and music – multi functional. It has a number of the most extravagant North Indian wedding ceremony scenes.
11. Deewaar (1975):Directed by Yash Chopra, starring Shashi Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan, Deewaar tells the story of two impoverished brothers; and their wrestle to outlive the streets of Bombay/Mumbai. It was one of the films which established ‘Big B’ as the “angry young man” of Bollywood.
12. Roti Kapda Aur Makaan (1974): Written, produced and directed by Manoj Kumar, this super hit and a well-liked film is enjoyable to observe. It stars Manoj Kumar alongside Shashi Kapoor, Zeenat Aman, Amitabh Bachchan, Moushmi Chatterjee, Prem Nath and Madan Puri in lead roles. It has a very refreshing and galvanizing soundtrack, high-quality tunes coming from Laxmikant Pyarelal.
13. Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988): Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’s music, romantic storyline, and young actors deliver much needed refreshing appears in the 80s. This is one the preferred flicks of its time starring Amir Khan and Juhi Chawla – the pair went on to deliver many more memorable films after this.
14. Salaam Bombay! (1988): This is among the critically acclaimed movies from Mira Nair. The story revolves around the day-to-day life of youngsters dwelling on the streets of Mumbai. A touching show of human goals lost on the earth of drug-pushers, pimps and prostitutes.
15. Kranti (1981): “Bolo Kranti, Kab Aayegi Krant?” This movie about India’s freedom struggle is among the most popular films of the 80s. Produced and directed by Manoj Kumar, it stars Manoj Kumar together with a mega forged of Dilip Kumar, Shashi Kapoor, Hema Malini, Shatrughan Sinha, Parveen Babi, Sarika, Prem Chopra, Madan Puri and Paintlal.
16. Maine Pyar Kiya (1989): One of many super-hits of 80s, the film was a breakthrough for Salmaan khan. It has a number of the most memorable songs of late 80s. Salmaan Khan, Bhagyashree, Laxmikant Berde and Alok Nath are the primary actors.
17. Mera Naam Joker: Raj Kapoor spent each penny he had on this movie, and it flopped in the course of the first release – it was simply too long with run time over 5 hours. The second launch, the re-edited and compressed version, ended up as some of the successful movie of all occasions. This comedian however sad story has one thing for each sort of viewers. The key forged consists of Raj Kapoor, Simi Garewal, Manoj Kumar, Rishi Kapoor and Dharmendra.
18. Pyaasa (1957): Produced by, directed by, and starring Guru Dutt, the film tells the story of a struggling poet making an attempt to make his works recognized in post-independence India, and a prostitute with a coronary heart of gold who ultimately helps him get his poems revealed. The soulful music was composed by S.D. Burman. This is likely one of the all-time great films and portrays the standard unhappy however romantic tale that Guru Dutt was famous for. The sad tales of Guru Dutt are arduous to gulp, however the inventive and lifelike values of its time are depicted so vividly in his films.
19. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham(2001): Very profitable romantic and emotional drama. The cinematography, music and costumes are sensible. A musical blockbuster, the film is nicely acquired at house and abroad. The star-studded forged consists of Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Kajol, Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor.
20. 1942: A Love Story (1994): This super-hit movie stars Anil Kapoor, Manisha Koirala, Jackie Shroff, Anupam Kher, Danny Denzongpa, and Pran. This is another musical hit with most of the songs fashionable so far. The movie is very acclaimed for its music, cinematography and lyrics.
21. Dosti(1964): Dosti is a brilliantly informed unhappy story of human conduct within the face of adversity. This was Sanjay Khan’s debut movie, with Sudhir Kumar and Sushil Kumar in lead roles. The movie facilities across the friendship between two boys – one blind and the opposite a cripple. The movie can also be famous for its ever-green sound-track. The lyrics by Majrooh Sultanpuri and music by Laxmikant Pyarelal, Mohammad Rafi is the primary vocalist for the songs. R. D. Burman performed the harmonica throughout the movie for the character of Ramu.
22. Do Bigha Zamin (1953): That is an previous Hindi film directed by Bimal Roy starring Balraj Sahni and Nirupa Roy in the lead roles. The film is understood for its socialist theme, and is a vital film within the early parallel cinema of India and is taken into account a development setter.
23. Nikaah (1982): B.R Chopra exposes the Sharia laws of divorce and its misuse among the Indian Muslim society. The movie stars Raj Babbar, Deepak Parashar and Salma Agha.
24. Devdas (2002): A love story, it’s a lovely remake of previous Devdas, based mostly on a well-known brief novel by the identical identify. Appearing, course and music are equally admirable. Devdas is among the costliest Bollywood movies ever produced, with a reported finances of Rs 50 crores. Shahrukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, and Aishwarya Rai star in the main roles.
25. Ankur (1974): This isn’t a flick that you need to watch with little youngsters – there’s some whipping concerned and profanity is in all places. Ankur is a type of ’art’ films that is utterly opposite to the standard Bollywood melodrama. By way of a real story, the movie exposes the day-to-day dwelling of wealthy vs. poor in a rural settings; the caste system is a prevalent theme. The movie is a wonderful tackle human conduct based mostly on the social courses within the society. It was the primary function movie directed by Shyam Benegal and the debut of Shabana Azmi getting her the Filmfare and Nationwide awards for the Best Actress category.
26. Aaradhna(1969) This can be a touching drama intertwined with the social taboos of unmarried mother, adoption and a lost love. The lead forged of Sharmila Tagore and Rajesh Khanna is supported by Sujit Kumar and Farida Jalal. This critically accailed films touches on so many social points surrounding love and acceptance. The romantic and soulful music consists by S. D. Burman, with lyrics by Anand Bakshi, and has well-known songs like ‘Roop Tera Mastana’, ‘Baghon Mein Bahar Hai’, ‘Chanda Hai Tu Mera Suraj Hai Tu’, ‘Mere Sapno Ki Rani’,’Gun Guna Rahe Hai Bhanvare’, ‘Kora Kagaz Tha Yeh Man Mera’……a unbelievable soundtrack by any measure.
27. Upkar (1967): One other great movie with nostalgic scenes of Indian rural life of yester years. Directed by Manoj Kumar, the film portrays a story of patriotism and braveness. The foremost forged consists of Asha Parekh, Manoj Kumar and Prem Chopra supported by Pran in a personality position. This widespread films has a number of the greatest ever-green songs of all occasions; songs like ‘Kasme Waade Pyar Wafa’ and ‘Mere Desh Ki Dharti’ are among the many all time greats.
28. Garam Hawa (1973): This is in all probability probably the most sensitive and poignant films based mostly on the 1947 Indo-Pak partition. Directing by M.S. Sathyu, the movie is a few Muslim household that decides to remain in India after the partition. This art film was India’s official entry to the Academy Award’s Best Overseas Movie category, additionally nominated for the Golden Palm at the Cannes Film Pageant. This masterpiece gained a National Movie Award and three Filmfare Awards as properly.
29. Lamhe (1991): This can be a basic Yash Chopra film. It stars Anil Kapoor, Sridevi, Waheeda Rehman and Anupam Kher in the primary forged. The film is critically acclaimed, with exceptionally nice music. This romantic drama acquired the nicely deserved ‘Best Movie’ Filmfare award.
30. Anand (1971): Lovely songs, touching story, dialogues by Gulzar and great appearing are the hallmark of this award profitable movie. Directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee, the movie stars Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan in the lead. Rajesh Khanna superbly plays Anand, a person suffering from cancer, however never seen sad or unhappy.
31. Do Raaste (1969): This can be a lovely drama film directed by Raj Khosla. It’s based mostly on a joint family dynamics and the every day frictions in a lower center class society. The movie has the star forged of Rajesh Khanna, Mumtaz, Balraj Sahni, Kamini Kaushal, Prem Chopra and Bindu. The pretty music consists of all time famous songs like ‘Bindiya Chamkegi’, ‘Yeh Reshmi Zulfen’ and ‘Chup Gaye Sare Nazare (Dil Ne Dil Ko Pukara)’….
32. Ardh Satya (1983): Om Puri delivers among the best performances of his life in this acclaimed cop-drama. It’s a story of a policeman battling the evils around him and together with his own weaknesses. The movie additionally stars Amrish Puri, Smita Patil and Naseeruddin Shah.
33. Barsaat Ki Raat (1960): That is superbly advised love-story; one other basic B/W of the 60s. The movie starring Bharat Bhushan, Madhubala, Shyama, Mumtaz Begum and Okay.N. Singh within the lead roles. With lyrics from Sahir, the movie can also be widespread for its qawwali songs, the likes of ‘Yeh ishaq ishaq’.
34. Veer Zaara (2004): Directed by Yash Chopra – a refreshing appearing combines with good story telling and a tasteful path. The movie is about within the background of India and Pakistan battle; the romantic film tells an unfortunate love story throughout the borders. This well-liked flick stars Shahrukh Khan, Preity Zinta and Rani Mukerji in the main roles.
35. Dharmputra (1961): Directed by Yash Chopra, the film options Shashi Kapoor and Mala Sinha as the lead forged. The film is predicated on the the partition of India and the Hindu fundamentalism on the time. The movie offers with the problems of spiritual bigotry and fanaticism through the dark days of 1947. Movie’s music is by N. Dutta with lyrics by the well-known poet of the period – Sahir Ludhianvi.
36. Mera Gaon Mera Desh (1971): This Raj Khosla creation has Dharmendra and Asha Parekh within the lead position, and Vinod Khanna because the villain. The film features a few of the most melodious songs of 70s and a energetic rural settings with action packed storyline. This tremendous hit is claimed to have many parts that impressed Sholay a couple of years later.
37. Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962): Emotionally charged, Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam is a romantic and nostalgic story of a bygone era. The story is a reference to the plot exploring a platonic friendship between an exquisite however a lonely wife (Bibi) of an aristocrat (Sahib) and a career-driven low-income part-time servant (Ghulam). The music is by Hemant Kumar and lyrics by Shakeel Badayuni. The film stars Guru Dutt, Meena Kumari, Rehman, Waheeda Rehman and Nasir Hussain. Meena Kumari’s efficiency as Chhoti Bahu is considered among the best performances of Hindi theater.
38. Phool Aur Patthar (1966): This film helped set up Dharmendra as a leading star in the Hindi Movie Business; his shirtless scenes and a he-man picture finally arrived with this flick. It additionally stars Meena Kumari, Shashikala and Madan Puri. That is superbly depicted and a touching story of a standard felony with a golden heart. The film was instrumental in making Dharmendra-Meena Kumari a well-liked main couple for many extra films down the street.
39. Muqaddar Ka Sikandar (1978): One other gem from Bollywood. Produced and directed by Prakash Mehra, it stars Amitabh Bachchan, Vinod Khanna, Raakhee Gulzar, Rekha and Amjad Khan. The film was one of the prime grossing hits of whole 1970s decade. The ever in style soundtrack was composed by the brothers’ duo of Kalayanji Anandji, with the lyrics by Anjaan.
40. Ankhen (1968): This is romantic spy thriller with an enormous price range for its occasions, and it established this ‘spy’ style of the Bollywood films. Produced and directed by Ramanand Sagar, the movie was shot in many worldwide places. The film stars Mala Sinha, Dharmendra, Mehmood, Lalita Pawar, Jeevan and Madan Puri. The music is by Ravi and the fantastic lyrics by Sahir Ludhianvi. The soundtrack has many ever-green songs, like ‘Milti hai zindagi mein mohabbat’, ‘Gairon pe karam’.
41. Amar Prem (1973): This can be a touching story with ethical and social values on the middle; a gorgeous portrayal of a person’s harmless love for a neighborhood courtesan. The film has a soulful music by R.D. Burman. There are lots of memorable songs with pretty lyrics, like Kishore Kumar’s ‘Chingari koi bhadke’ and ‘Yeh kya hua’. The movie gained 1973 Filmfare Awards for Best Dialogue and Best Screenplay. The movie is directed by Shakti Samanta, starring Sharmila Tagore, Rajesh Khanna and Vinod Mehra in the lead.
42. Kismet (1943) A really previous Indian film, written and directed by Gyan Mukherjee and produced by Bombay Talkies in the course of the second world struggle period. The film is likely one of the largest hits in the early historical past of Hindi cinema. The movie is taken into account as the first blockbuster film of Indian cinema.The film came with some daring themes for the first time in Hindi movies displaying an anti-hero because the lead character, double position and an unmarried woman getting pregnant. It stars Ashok Kumar and Mumtaz Shanti in the lead position
43. Aakrosh (1980): That is an acclaimed artwork movie. The star energy comes from throughout sensible appearing of Naseeruddin Shah, Samita Patil, Om Puri and Amrish Puri. The movie is a satire on the corruption in the Indian judicial system, and power abuse of the rich towards the poor.
44. Khamoshi (1996): This musical drama includes a story of a deaf and mute couple. Salman Khan, Manisha Koirala and Nana Patekar lead the forged. The movie is critically acclaimed for appearing and the general plot, although it was not a field office success.
45. Andhi (1975): This movie was not allowed a full launch as a consequence of its similarity to Indira Gandhi’s life, then Prime Minister of India. After her loss within the 1977 elections, the ruling Janata get together cleared the movie. This can be a romantic drama with politics within the background, and is supported by a implausible soundtrack from RD Bruman. All of the songs are very catchy and evergreen. Suchitra Sen and Sanjeev Kumar lead the forged.
46. Bazaar (1982): This movie highlights the tragedy and exploitation of young women being bought by needy mother and father to prosperous Indians in the Gulf. The movie delivers a few of the greatest appearing from a hand-picked forged of Naseeruddin Shah, Farooq Shaikh, Smita Patil and Supriya Pathak.
47. Nishant (1975): This crime-drama film is directed by Shyam Benegal and stars Shabana Azmi, Naseeruddin Shah and Smita Patil within the lead position. Sensible appearing and excellent course carry this film from beginning to finish. The themes of social hierarchy and the sexual exploitation of girls are poignantly depicted. It gained the National Film Award for Best Function Movie, and was nominated for the Palme d’Or on the 1976 Cannes Movie Pageant.
48. Ghayal (1990): Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, this fashionable thriller options Sunny Deol and Meenakshi Seshadri in the lead position. It was one of the blockbusters of the yr and it additionally gained the Filmfare ‘Best movie’ award.
49. Madhumati (1958): For the fans of previous films and previous music, Madhumati is must watch. Produced and directed by Bimal Roy, the film stars Dilip Kumar and Vyjayantimala in the lead roles with Pran and Johnny Walker. Its music was composed by Salil Choudhury with lyrics written by Shailendra. Winner of many awards, the movie offers with reincarnation and has a gothic noir really feel to it.
50. Mere Apne (1971): The film depicts the lifetime of a widow in a small village however the story is ever evolving and fluid. She strikes to the town and find many more surprises. The film has every thing ‘bad’ – gang fights, violence and baby abuse. Directed by Gulzar, the film stars Meena Kumari, Vinod Khanna, Shatrughan Sinha, Danny Denzongpa and Mehmood.
51. Dil (1990): This can be a lovable romantic comedy; it has a few of the greatest music of its time. Aamir Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Anupam Kher and Saeed Jaffrey lead the forged and a really superior appearing throughout.
52. Border (1997): This is blockbuster conflict epic based mostly on the Indo-Pakistani Conflict of 1971. J. P. Dutta directed and produced the movie. A nicely synchronized star studded forged consists of Sunny Deol, Jackie Shroff, Sunil Shetty, Akshay Khanna, Pooja Bhatt, Sharbani Mukherjee and Tabu.
53. The Lunchbox (2013) : This inventive movie is a romantic drama staring Irrfan Khan, Nimrat Kaur and Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the lead roles. This unexpectedly refreshing and slow-developing love-story has a contact of loneliness, highlighting difficult human relations. The story is straightforward but supported by sensible appearing. The movie was screened at Worldwide Critics’ Week on the 2013 Cannes Film Pageant, and later gained the Critics Week Viewers Selection Award also called Grand Rail d’Or. It was shown at the 2013 Toronto International Movie Pageant as properly.
54. Trishul (1978): This Tremendous Hit film has wonderful ’multi functional’ combination: directed by Yash Chopra, written by Salim-Javed, music by Khayyam and lyrics by Sahir Ludhianvi. It combines actions, drama and music with a natural circulate. The forged consists of Sanjeev Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Shashi Kapoor, Hema Malini, Raakhee Gulzar, Waheeda Rehman and Prem Chopra.
55. Sparsh (1980): Not a movie for uplifting environment, but in case you are in search of a flick with reasonable appearing, this is the one for you. It stars Naseeruddin Shah and Shabana Azmi enjoying the characters of a blind principal and a instructor in a Faculty of the Blind.
56. Virasat (1997) Starring Anil Kapoor, Tabu and Amrish Puri in the lead, the film is a fantastic depiction of Indian rural culture and the village life. The movie is praised by the critics for good appearing and cinematography.
57. Mirch Masala (1985): Excellent appearing and sensible cinematography separate this movie from remainder of the pack. A really inventive movie. Naseeruddin Shah, Smita Patil, Om Puri, Deepti Naval and Mohan Gokhale lead the forged.
58. Monsoon Wedding ceremony (2001): A Mira Nair movie, rich of Indian culture and traditions. A very real looking story based mostly on the difficult lifetime of NRIs at house and overseas; the Indian wedding ceremony extravaganza is at full show with a contact of folks music.
59. Shakti (1982): An entertaining household film with quality appearing, nice storyline depicting complicated family relations and obligations. Directed by Ramesh Sippy, the flick stars Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Raakhee, Smita Patil and Amrish Puri.
60. Diksha (1991) Which means ‘initiation, the Hindi film is predicated on a novel by famous Kannada writer U. R. Ananthamurthy. The movie depicts a sophisticated story of a Guru and his widowed daughter; it is infused with Indian culture and local traditions. A properly advised story of human feelings and willpower.
61. Ram Teri Ganga Maili (1985): Produced and directed by Raj Kapoor, the film stars Mandakini and Rajiv Kapoor – Raj Kapoor’s youngest son. Nice music and fluid storyline carries this mega-hit movie. It was Raj Kapoor’s last film.
62. Dil To Pagal Hai (1997) One other movie from Yash Chopra, one other memorable hit! Shahrukh Khan, Karisma Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit ship an excellent appearing in this romantic flick. The film has gained dozens of different awards together with Filmfare winner of Best Film, Best Actor- Shah Rukh Khan and Best Actress – Madhuri Dixit.
63. Slumdog Millionaire (2008): A mixture of Hollywood and Bollywood collaboration. A properly directed and nicely informed story that captures the eye of native and overseas audience equally. The movie was nominated for ten Academy Awards in 2009 and gained eight, probably the most for any film of 2008.
64. Beta (1992): The movie featured the popular pair of its time – Madhuri Dixit and Anil Kapoor. This can be a very entertaining film with many memorable music numbers, including fashionable music “Dhak Dhak Karne Laga”.
65. Johnny Mera Naam (1970): This can be a mild and entertaining film – funny, action-packed, nice music and sensible appearing. Directed by Vijay Anand, it stars Dev Anand within the position of a pair of brothers separated in childhood. Hema Malini, Pran , Jeevan, Premnath, I. S. Johar and Iftekhar additionally star in this energetic flick.
66. Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992): This is Mansoor Khan directed film; he’s extra well-known for an additional hit ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’. Aamir Khan and Pooja Bedi star on this romantic drama. It was a blockbuster flick of its time and a winner of ‘Best movie’ Filmfare award.
67. Earth (1998): This can be a touching film depicting the life in Lahore in the time period of 1947, simply before the partition of India. Directed by Deepa Mehta, the film is predicated on Bapsi Sidhwa’s novel ‘Cracking India’, initially revealed as ‘Ice Candy Man’ in England. Narrated
by Shabana Azmi, the lead forged consists of Aamir Khan, Nandita Das and Rahul Khanna.
68. Ghajini (2008): This common award profitable movie is an action-thriller, mixed with robust parts of romance. The plot of Ghajini is predicated on the Hollywood film Memento. It stars Aamir Khan, Asin Thottumkal and Jiah Khan in lead roles.
69. Satya (1998): That is an fascinating crime movie directed by Ram Gopal Varma. The movie stars J. D. Chakravarthy, Manoj Bajpai, Urmila Matondkarand Shefali Shah. It unfolds a narrative of an immigrant in Mumbai looking for his fortune, however gets sucked into the underworld crime as an alternative.
70. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008): One other Yash Raj film. It is a romantic comedy with Shahrukh Khan and Anushka Sharma in the lead. It’s a nice mixture of excellent appearing and comic scenes.
71. Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006): Principally filmed in New York, it is a romantic drama exploring the themes of adultery and extramarital affairs. It depicts some very difficult relationships and sophisticated human nature. The film is superbly shot. Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta and Abhishek Bachchan lead the forged.
72. Chakra (1981): That is very difficult movie with storyline revolving around the life within the slums, taking over lovers for cash and testing the human willpower to outlive in the actual world. The movie stars Smita Patil, Naseeruddin Shah and Kulbhushan Kharbanda.
73. Silsila (1981): This can be a romantic drama film directed by Yash Chopra coping with controversial problems with abandonment and adultery. The film stars Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Sanjeev Kumar, Rekha and Kulbhushan Kharbanda in the lead. The movie is claimed to be loosely impressed by the alleged real-life love triangle of its three stars, Amitabh-Jaya-Rekha, probably the most talked about love affair back then.
74. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998): This can be a better recognized romantic comedy of 90s.The movie stars the favored on-screen pair of Shahrukh Khan and Kajol. It was standout for nice appearing and refreshing music. The movie was very profitable each in India and overseas, profitable many Filmfare awards.
75. Taare Zameen Par (2007): This award profitable drama flick depicts a touching story of an eight yr previous dyslexic boy. A world version DVD, ‘Like Stars on Earth’, released in January 2010. The Walt Disney Firm has purchased the house video rights for its distribution in North America, England, and Australia.
76. Masaan (2015): Also referred to as Fly Away Solo, this can be a lovely movie with very partaking appearing all around. Every character is exclusive, but all of them merge right into a story that keeps you interested start to finish. Difficult human emotions are conveyed with an outstanding and clear path. Richa Chadda shines from the very starting, as a determined single lady who outlives the social stigma and the corrupt police. The settings of Banaras towards the Ganga River are poignant yet lovely, identical to the story-line.
77. Love Aaj Kal(2009): A very nicely directed drama revolving across the difficult emotions of love – as we speak and yesterday. Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone lead the forged along with Rahul Khanna and Rishi Kapoor in supporting roles. The music has a contact of folks and could be very refreshing; the dance sequences are great.
78. Koi… Mil Gaya (2003): A Bollywood science fiction about aliens. The lead actors embrace Hrithik Roshan, Rekha and Preity Zinta. The movie has gained many awards and is fashionable among youngsters and grown-ups alike.
79. Queen (2014) – Rani (the identify interprets to the ‘queen’) is a mean woman with below-average self-worth. After her fiancé calls off their wedding ceremony, she embarks alone on her honeymoon to Paris and Amsterdam. This comedy-drama movie is superbly directed by Vikas Bahl. The movie stars Kangana Ranaut within the lead position with Lisa Haydon and Rajkummar Rao enjoying supporting roles. This can be a energetic and a well-done film, highly praised by the viewers and the specialists alike.
80. Mausam (1975): A stupendous however unhappy love story from Gulzar masking quite a lot of social and emotional points of blindly falling in love. This award profitable movie has a very intertwined storyline and sensible appearing. The forged consists of Sharmila Tagore, Sanjeev Kumar and Dina Pathak.
81. Rockstar (2011): In case you love Hindi musical films, this one could also be literally ‘music to your ears’. The melodious tunes from A. R. Rahman and a sound appearing from Ranbir Kapoor are the highlights of the movie. The Time of India praises Kapoor appearing: “From a cute and simple college boy to a crazy lover to a successful but cynical singer, the young actor proved his mettle in every frame.” This is the first Bollywood movie for American Pakistani model debutant Nargis Fakhri; the film additionally stars Shammi Kapoor, Aditi Rao Hydari, Moufid Aziz, Piyush Mishra, Shernaz Patel and Kumud Mishra.
82. Hearth (1996) Hearth is an Indian-Canadian romantic drama film written and directed by Deepa Mehta and starring Shabana Azmi and Nandita Das. It is the first installment of Mehta’s Parts trilogy; it’s succeeded by Earth (1998) and Water (2005). It was one of the first mainstream movies in India to explicitly present relationship between two ladies.
83. Kahaani (2012): This film explores theme of feminism and motherhood in a male-dominated Indian society. This thriller is directed, co-written and co-produced by Sujoy Ghosh. The film options Vidya Balan, Parambrata Chatterjee and Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Balan portrays the position of Vidya Bagchi, a pregnant lady in the hunt for her missing husband in Kolkata.
84. Awaara (1951): Directed and produced by Raj Kapoor, the film facilities on the intertwining lives of poor Raj (Kapoor) and privileged Rita (Nargis). Kapoor’s poor and innocent “little tramp” character seek advice from Charlie Chaplin and was development setter for his different movies akin to Shri 420. The ever-green songs by Mukesh and Lata spherical as much as the most effective soundtracks of Bollywood films.
85. Padosan (1968): It is among the greatest comedy films of its time in Hindi film historical past. The film stars Sunil Dutt and Saira Banu in lead roles. Kishore Kumar, Mukri, Raj Kishore and Keshto Mukherjee played the supporting roles. Mehmood because the South Indian musician and rival to Sunil Dutt is among the many highlights of the movie. The evergreen, mild and memorable music of the film was composed by Rahul Dev Burman.
86. Jaane Bhi Do Yarro(1982): The flick is a satire on the widespread corruption in all walks of Indian life – politics, paperwork, information media and enterprise alike. The excellent appearing comes from Naseeruddin Shah and Om Puri; remainder of the forged consists of Ravi Baswani, Pankaj Kapur and Bhakti Barve.
87. Do Aankhen Barah Haath (1957) This all time great is directed by V. Shantaram, who also starred on this film. It is thought-about one of the classics of Hindi cinema and is predicated on humanistic psychology. The movie can also be remembered for its track, ‘Aye maalik tere bande hum’. The film portrays a younger jail warden, who rehabilitates six dangerous prisoners released on parole into persons of advantage.
88. Black (2005): This drama revolves around a blind, deaf and mute woman, and her relationship together with her instructor who himself later develops Alzheimer’s illness. The first half of the movie is an adaptation of Helen Keller’s autobiography – The Story of My Life. Rani Mukerji and Amitabh Bachchan ship memorable performance in the lead position.
89.three Idiots (2009): three Idiots is gorgeous comedy-drama and is very acclaimed house and abroad. It was loosely tailored from the novel Five Point Somebody by Chetan Bhagat. The film stars Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor, R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Omi Vaidya, Parikshit Sahni and Boman Irani.
90. Teesri Manzil (1966): This can be a highly regarded and musical film from the 60s. It’s a murder thriller, but continues to draw repeat audiences although the id of the murderer is not a secret. The essential forged consists of Shammi Kappor, Asha Parekh, Premnath, Prem Chopra, Helen and Okay. N. Singh. The sound monitor of the film is equally in style; it has a number of the greatest filmed dance songs of the era, including ‘O Mere Sona Re Sona Re’, ‘O Haseena Zulfonwali Jaane Jahan’ and ‘Aaja Aaja Mein Hoon Pyar Tera’.
91. Umrao Jaan (1981):Directed by Muzaffar Ali with Rekha, Farouque Shaikh and Naseeruddin Shah within the lead position, this can be a fascinating drama with soulful music. The story revolves around a courtesan referred to as Umrao Jaan (Rekha) who fights to flee the career she was kidnapped into by following the path of true love.
92. Shree 420 (1955):Directed and produced by Raj Kapoor, Shree 420 was one the preferred movies of yester years. The music “Mera Joota Hai Japani” (“My Shoes are Japanese”), sung by Mukesh, turned an immediate patriotic symbol of the newly unbiased India. The movie stars Raj Kapoor and Nargis within the lead position. “Mr. 420” in India is a derogatory time period for a cheat. Kapoor’s character is heavily influenced by Charlie Chaplin. The evergreen music is soulful and melodious and in abundance all through the film.
93. Rang de Basanti(2006): A film with nice appearing and course. Aamir Khan, Soha Ali Khan, Madhavan, Kunal Kapoor, Siddharth Narayan, Sharman Joshi, Atul Kulkarni and British actress Alice Patten is the primary forged. A.R. Rahman music provides to the attraction of this light-hearted flick.
94. Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959):Kaagaz Ke Phool (“Paper Flowers”) is soulful and unhappy love story that may solely be produced and directed by Guru Dutt; he additionally performed the lead position in it. The memorable music was composed by S. D. Burman and the lyrics by Kaifi Azmi, giving hits like “Waqt ne Kiya Kya Haseen Situm”, sung by Geeta Dutt and “Dekhi Zamane Ki Yaari” by Mohammad Rafi. Many think about this movie to be much ahead of its time. Kaagaz Ke Phool is claimed to an autobiographical account of Guru Dutt, his relationship with Waheeda and Geeta Dutt.
95. Waqt(1965): This is one other memorable movie directed by Yash Chopra. The film stars an ensemble forged together with Sunil Dutt, Raaj Kumar, Shashi Kapoor, Sadhana, Balraj Sahni, Madan Puri, Sharmila Tagore, Achala Sachdev and Rehman. Despite the fact that the plot is predicated on the idea of ‘the lost and reunite formula’ generally utilized in Bollywood, the story is fluid and retains you to the top. The melodious soundtrack consists by Ravi, with a few of the widespread songs in the movie are ‘Aage Bhi Jaane Na Tu’ and ‘Ae Meri Zohra Jabeen’.
96. Piku: This is not your typical Bollywood movie; this film belongs to the new crop of recent cinema. It is an inventive and entertaining comedy that revolves round an ageing father and his street-smart cosmopolitan daughter. Amitabh Bachchan portrays a Bengali previous man who speaks his thoughts and is overly obsessed together with his non-existing health issues. The entertaining dialogues are brief, sharp and mainly argumentative throughout the movie. The appearing and course has a very pure movement. Despite the fact that the characters can’t stand one another a lot of the occasions, the movie facilities round love and the caring nature of average human beings. Irrfan Khan and Deepika Padukone are pure actors and this movie is not any exception to their sensible appearing.
97. Gangs of Wasseypur (Half 1 and a couple of): In case you are a fan of ‘Godfather’ sort drama but Indian type, then you could need to watch these two films. This is crime/gang film collection co-written, produced and directed by Anurag Kashyap. The films centers around energy struggles, politics and vengeance between three crime families. Part one forged consists of Manoj Bajpai, Richa Chadda, Tigmanshu Dhulia within the major roles and its story spans from the early 1940s to mid 1990s. Part two casts Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Richa Chadda, Tigmanshu Dhulia, Pankaj Tripathi, Raj Kumar Yadav and the story spans from the 1990s to 2009.
Following movies are still being thought-about for prime 100, but not finalized
98. Jagte Raho (1956):
99. Gol Maal (1979):
100. Barfi! (2012):
102. Jewel Thief (1967):
Still missing some nice ones? You could have your personal picks! So, go on, share your comments under.